• MBBS, AFMC, Pune University
• MD (Medicine), Army Hospital , Delhi University
• DM (Cardiology), AFMC, Pune University
• FSCAI,( Fellow of Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions, USA)
Dr. (Col) Monik Mehta has a vast experience in complex Angioplasties, Heart Defect Closures eg ASD etc paediatric catheterizations and interventions, pacemaker implantation, ICD and heart failure devices.
e.g. cardiac resynchronizations devices /combo devices with special interest in Radial Artery access interventions (i.e procedures done through the wrist).
He has numerous publications and has served for over 20 years in the Armed forces including AFMC Pune, Army Hospital Delhi and as Head of Department, Cardiology at Military Hospital, Jalandhar. He has also worked with the Metro Group of Hospital , Delhi and Alchemist Hospital ,Gurgaon.
He has vast international experience with various prestigious organizations having trained at Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, worked with the United Nations in Cambodia for which was awarded the UN Medal , and also at Bhutan where in addition to clinical practice was responsible for running a multispecialty hospital with the Indian Military Training Team (IMTRAT) for over 2 years.
For his exemplary services he has been conferred with Videsh Sewa Medal by Govt. of India and The United Nations Medal by United Nations.
• Association of Physicians of India
• Cardiological Society of India
• Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions (USA)
Honor and Awards
• Videsh Sewa Medal by Govt. of India
• The United Nations Medal by United Nations.
Clinical Focus/ Procedures
• Complex Coronary Interventions
• Transradial Interventions
• Peripheral Interventions including Carotid and Renal
• Device Closure of Congenital Heart Defects
• Pacemakers, ICD’s and Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy (Heart Failure Device)Implants
• Balloon Valvuloplasty
• Electrophysiological Studies